Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 2001 Maxum and just got it back from being serviced.

Customer Question
was told plugs were replaced...
i have a 2001 Maxum and just got it back from being serviced. was told plugs were replaced but just pulled two and they are black. engine cut out on me yesterday. there is a purple and white wire by the carb that is not connected to anything. i'm wondering if it is related to the kill switch? i can't find anywhere where it would have been connected.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Boat
5/24/2015
Marine Mechanic: Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Hello. My name is***** will be helping you. That wire is for setting the base timing. It does not connect to anything. The only time it is used is to set timing. The black plugs could have been cause by the flooding of the engine. Black sooty plugs is a rich fuel condition. Is the engine real hard to start now?