Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Seadoo boat will not turn over. Close to starting just not

Customer Question

Seadoo boat will not turn over. Close to starting just not there. Battery is new have gas.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Based on you saying "It will not turn over":
First things to start checking based on the symptoms are battery voltage and battery load test, battery cables tight and clean connections at both ends, if that is good next turn engine by hand and if it does not turn remove spark plugs checking if hydrolocked with fuel/water, next would be moving on to checking solenoid this means if getting 12v to solenoid during cranking and all other things I mentioned are good including grounds and starter ground then checking if solenoid 12v out if not replacing it, if it does then checking the starter again this is also assuming the other things I mentioned are not the problem. Also checking battery is not a cheap battery such as walmart, if so some are known not enough cca's even though they were listed as such (this means cranking amps matches the pwc's requirements).
Now if that was an error and it is turning over just will not start then please start by checking basics, spark with in-line spark tester if good try (1 time only) starting fluid in throttle bore and if it starts and dies you know it's a lack of fuel. If starting fluid has no effect pull spark plug and check not damaged and if needing replacement replace at this time. Also next checking compression, you want to start with the basics which are fuel, spark, air and compression. After if needed we can continue.
Of course it can be other problems as well but please start with the above and we can continue as needed and or if you need assistance with any of the above as well.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.