Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

The lower unit has a weap hope and water an oil is coming out

Customer Question

the lower unit has a weap hope and water an oil is coming out of it. what can I check for?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Shift shaft seals. Lower driveshaft seals. And upper driveshaft seals. If any of those are bad you will see oil coming out of the weep hole. Typically when this happens there is no point in trying to find the 1 seal that is leaking. What we do in the shop is reseal the entire sterndrive. Does that make sense?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks

Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

You are very welcome and I was glad I could help. I do want to make sure you are happy with the service I am providing to you before you go. Did you have any other questions on the sterndrive or do you think that covers it?