Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2002 rinker fiesta vee 250. it has a mercuiser 5.0

Customer Question

i have a 2002 rinker fiesta vee 250. it has a mercuiser 5.0 engine. The boat turns over fine but will not start. Even with ether it does not even pop. like there is no spark it has gas. it was sitting for the winter and this is the first time trying to start it. but usually if I spray ehher and it will pop or start. the emergency swich is on. any suggestions on what i can do
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Can I get the engines serial number so I know which ignition system you have. Do you have a voltmeter and do you know how to take basic voltage measurements?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Om327604. And I'm not at the boat and do not have a bolt meter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
VOLT METER
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Without a meter we can not do any kind of troubleshooting. That being said did you have any specific or general questions about the engine?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
IN THE OLD DAYS I REMEMBER TAKING THE COIL WIRE OFF AND PUT IT NEAR METAL AND CRANK THE ENGINE TO SEE IF WE GOT A SPARK. IT THAT SOMETHING YOU ADVISE. IT JUST SEEMS LIKE THERE IS NO
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
SPARK SINCE IT WONT EVEN "POP"
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If i get a volt meter where would i attach it to, the coil?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
This isn't something you are going to be able to fix with or without my help. Your going to need to take it in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you at least tell me what some of the problems it could be that's causing it not to start
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So at least I can check some of those out to see if I find what it might be or it least eliminate some of the problems
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
I really can't. Being MPI it's simply to complicated to get into over the internet. Unless it's something like a bad keyswitch it requires a scan tool to work on the engine. That's why I say you are going to have to take it in.
I'm going to opt out of this question and this will be my last reply. It will remain open to the community if somebody else feels like jumping in.
Good luck!