Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

I have a 2005 Yamaha GP1300r that hasn't been ran in a year

Customer Question
or so. I put gas...
I have a 2005 Yamaha GP1300r that hasn't been ran in a year or so. I put gas and oil in after charging the battery and did a dry start and it worked fine. I took it into the lake assuming it would still start but the engine wouldn't start even though I could hear the electric start. I took it out of the water and tried it again but now it won't work out of the water either. water could the problem be? I've already checked the drainage plugs in the back and there was no water in the hull.
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
5/20/2015
Marine Mechanic: chester298,
 replied 2 years ago
chester298
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this? Please let me know first so that we can proceed to the troubleshooting procedure. Thanks
Yes thanks
Marine Mechanic: chester298,
 replied 2 years ago
Have you try to reflush you fuel with new and fresh one?
No i have not. How do I do that?
Marine Mechanic: chester298,
 replied 2 years ago
Hi again, Thanks for your response. Just remove your old gas and refill it with fresh one. Old gas lost its power to start and run jetski unlike new and fresh one. Remove the the pick up tubes from the top of the tank, mark and remove the hoses, loosen the clamp and slide the tubes out of the tank, this will allow you to suck the fuel out through the top of the tank, you can then place the ski at an angle and get it all out. Pumping out through the fuel fill never really allows you to get all of it out. Hope this information will be helpful.IMPORTANT: If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,GOOD OR EXCELLENT rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...
Marine Mechanic: chester298,
 replied 2 years ago
Hi

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Chester
Hi i took all the old fuel out and put new fuel in but unfortunately this still didn't work. I also put new spark plugs in and tried it. Do you have any other ideas. Thanks
chester298
chester298
chester298