Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a '98 Kawasaki STX 1100. It will crank & run fine &

Customer Question

I have a '98 Kawasaki STX 1100. It will crank & run fine & then when I return to the dock and shut it down......it will not re-crank.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?
Let me clarify something you say it would "re-crank" when you hit the starter button, is the starter motor engaging and turning the engine over and it will not start ?
Thanks
Kenny
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Correct. It engages the starter & "attempts" a normal sounding start. However, it will not start the engine.Thanks,
Rick
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 2 years ago.
OK Rick thanks
I first want you to pull a spark plug, put in the wire and make sure its grounded to the cylinder head and then turn over the engine, I want to see if you have spark ?
If you have spark then I want you to unplug (wires leading to the injector) (these are on the cylinder head, next to the spark plugs) disconnect one injector at a time and see if the engine will start, if it does then make a note of which injector that you disconnected when the engine started.
Also do you have access to a multi-meter, and would be comfortable using it under my direction ?
Thanks Rick
Kenny
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My problem is............I'm currently in ATL & my Jetski is at Lake Lanier (70 miles away). I won't be back up there for another 2-3 weeks. I'll have to e-mail you again once I return to the lake.Sorry,
Rick
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 2 years ago.
OK thanks Rick, (know that lake well) anyway when you get there let me know, pick yourself up a multi-meter and maybe I can get you to do a few checks ?
Thanks
Kenny
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Roger that, I'll be in touch.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks !