Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Returning a 1995 Johnson 40hp VRO installation to a standard

Customer Question

returning a 1995 Johnson 40hp VRO installation to a standard installation. Have been researching Amsoil synthetic lubricants. Gas/Oil at 100:1; Amsoil synthetics throughout. The boat is a 1995 Lund Explorer 16'4" flat bottom. Other issues: starter battery is on the bottom, at the transom, well under the drain pan - makes it difficult to remove and awkward to loosen the wires and clean the posts in the boat. The VRO oil tank is dirty and fastened to the flooring - no black stripe marking the 2/3 full line. Weigh too much weight at the transom. Yes, the steering is side console with one "locker" for storing the rods.
1, Would prefer to transform the boat as manufactured, to a standard, excellent fishing and boating upgrade.
2. Would much prefer a gas tank holding enough for a days fishing on White Bear Lake, St. Paul; or enough for occasional fishing in the Upper Mississippi for Smallmouth Bass and Walleye. The 3.5 gallon tank that came installed has no place on Lake Mille Lacs, nor Gull Lake, nor Lake Superior, nor any other of our Great Lakes. Believe the boatsman's rules still include both OUT and Back.
Thanks, dc; St. Paul, MN 55116
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. I read everything you wrote but I don't see a question in there. What kinds of questions do you have and how can I best be of help to you?