Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I'm looking at buying a used Westerbele 6.5 SBGC gas

Customer Question

Hi ... I'm looking at buying a used Westerbele 6.5 SBGC gas genset
Seller tell me that the charger on those units is not very strong. Said he and other just disconnect it and connect to the boats barrey charger instead. What are the facts about these units charger and is what he said a good recommendation?
Thanks,
Joe
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey Guys, ... no disrespect here but I paid extra for a fast responce .... which I have not gotten yet. Please cancel my question and do not charge me. Thanks very much.
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Weak or not it is designed in a way from the manufacture to correctly keep that system going and battery charged (without extra load meaning nothing over what it is designed for), thus there would be no reason to disconnect a correct functioning system and leave your other systems to charge it.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you ....
But as I had mentioned early on .... I had requested that my Question be canceled as I did not get an answer Fast which I selected ... actually just today 5/6/2015 ... my question was entered on 5/2/2015 and asked to be Canceled the same day.which. That's a 4 day difference and not Fast.
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
Yes I did see that and in some cases a customer is still happy to receive the info, even if not I at least wanted to respond to you. Today was the first day I have been one since last month and I am not sure why no other experts have assisted you but when I come on I try to help out older questions for customers that have been waiting because in some cases they are still looking for the info. I do apologize no one reached out to you sooner and I will be happy to put that request in for you.
Thanks,
Joe