Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

J90pleeb lower unit wont come off. All the bolts are out cant figure out how to disconnect

Customer Question

J90pleeb lower unit wont come off. All the bolts are out cant figure out how to disconnect the shift rod linkage believe thats what is holding it. Lost my manual in a house fire
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be assisting you. Locate the shift lever # ***** then on the shift lever is a pin # ***** pull the pin out. Push in on lever this will release the shift rod. Now be sure there is no weight on the lower unit put one bolt in to hold lower unit on till you have released the shift rod. Open this link for a diagram. http://www.boats.net/parts/search/BRP/JOHNSON/1999/J90PLEEB/CYLINDER%20&%20CRANKCASE/parts.html This should solve your issue but if the lower unit still doesn't come off post back and let me know.