Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2006 crownline 278 CR. When I turn on the ignition,

Customer Question

I have a 2006 crownline 278 CR. When I turn on the ignition, without starting the engine, a beep, beep, beep ... warning signal starts. It sounds like the source is in the dashboard. The warning stays on continuously and there are no problems when I run the boat.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. In a car, if the engine has a sensor problem, it has a "check engine" light on the dashboard that lets you know it is time to have a scan tool hooked up to the engine in order to figure out which sensor went bad. In a boat, they do not use check engine lights, but they do use a beeper system. The beep is there to serve as a check engine light. And it's there to let you know there is a sensor issue on the engine. And you would do the same thing with the boat that you do with the car. Does that make sense?
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Are you near the boat now by chance?
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
It looks like you ready my reply and logged off. Did you have any further questions on his?