Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

How do I change live well pump on an alumacraft backtrolle

Customer Question
r?...
how do I change live well pump on an alumacraft backtrolle r?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
4/30/2015
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.

Your pump is located in the bilge area of the boat.Remove the nut from the outside of the transom. remove the discharge hose from the pump. Locate the wire connection to the pump and cut the wires there. Remove the pi pump. remove any old sealer from the inside and outside where the pump was installed.
Put a ring if marine silicone around the inside of the transom and on the outside. Install the new pump into the hole. Tighten the nut on the outside while holding the pump on the inside.
Attach the hose to the discharge of the new pump. Make the electrical connections using heat shrink connectors.
Cut off the excess inlet tube on the outside of the hull and you are done.
Charles
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic