Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have a Evinrude 115 Hp from 1997, model a trim sail. Where

I have a Evinrude 115 Hp from 1997, model a trim sail. Where is the manual release valce located. I have problem With the Power trim and the motor is Down?

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Could I get the complete engine model number please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

e115tsleua

The manual release screw # XXXXX click here If you look at the stbd. motor bracket there is a hole down towards the bottom of the bracket. The manual release screw is a slotted screw. Turn the screw counter clockwise 3-4 turns this should allow the motor to lower.

We can trouble shoot the issue if you like and get the trim repaired. Check the fluid level to be sure it is full before lowering the engine. Then you can cycle the engine up and down. These engines will get stuck in the full up position if the fluid level is low. The fill screw # XXXXX is on the rear of the trim unit.

Post back with questions and concerns before rating please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not familiar with the schematic breakdown you added.Do you have a Picture of where the manual relase screw is situated?

If I get you right it is back on the motor quite far Down.

The motor i lowered will i still reach the screw, or will I only reach it when the motor is raised?

The access to the screw doesn't change. The screw is located in the area circled. If you look at the stbd. motor bracket there is a hole down towards the bottom of the bracket. The manual release screw is a slotted screw. Turn the screw counter clockwise 3-4 turns this should allow the motor to lower.

graphic