Boat

I have a 1972 Chris Craft Aquahome with 2 350Q engines and…

I have a 1972 Chris...
I have a 1972 Chris Craft Aquahome with 2 350Q engines and jet drives. The port engine has just started to smoke (white-ish) out of the one inside exhaust. The water ejected is also hot. What is up?... Read full answer
I have a 1972 Chris Craft Aquahome with 2 350Q engines and jet drives. The port engine has just started to smoke (white-ish) out of the one inside exhaust. The water ejected is also hot. What is up?
6/16/2012
K. Kergan
K. Kergan, Marine Mechanic

K.Kergan :

Hi, my name is Kerry

Is that riser warmer than the othersÉ

K.Kergan :

É

K.Kergan :

The raw water outlets in the riser may be getting clogged with rust scale from inside the riser or manifold.

K.Kergan :

If the water flow is restricted it moves through the exhaust maniflod and riser slower so it gets hotter. The most common place for them to clog is in the riser. If it's not too rusty, a good cleaning is all it needs.

K.Kergan :

If that riser is warmer than the others, then it's getting clogged.

K.Kergan :

The white smoke is likely steam.

Customer:
K. Kergan
K. Kergan, Marine Mechanic
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have an 02 Kawasaki jetski 1100 stx di that started taking
I have an 02 Kawasaki jetski 1100 stx di that started taking on water. I did the hull check that is ok. I have removed the engine and smoked tested the body muffler and found smoke would go into the e… read more
TIMOTO
TIMOTO
My engine light came on after mud got in my impeller. Got
My engine light came on after mud got in my impeller. Got mud out and boat seemed to run ok but engine light has remained on ever since. Has something been damaged? Do I have to take to dealer?? 3 hou… read more
Charles
Charles
Certified Mercury Tech
Need Tan in boat motors..... now that I fixed the leak and
Need Tan in boat motors.....Hey now that I fixed the leak and redid the carbs.... The motor is running rough .... How do I adjust the fuel mixture. The carbs or the idle for that matter?… read more
Tan
Tan
MerCruiser Certified Technician,
Certified Marine Technician
Stop searching for answers—
Jason, I read many of your answer, very helpful. Now
Hi Jason, I read many of your answer, very helpful. Now I want to ask my own question: I have the similar problem as this poster, my 2002 496 HO does not exhaust water and starboard side manifold over… read more
Jason
Jason
Marine Mechanic,
i am considering buying a 1969 Chris Craft Commander with twin
i am considering buying a 1969 Chris Craft Commander with twin 8v53 Detroit Engines. They have about 3200 houurs on them. The port engine smokes when fired up, even after about 15 minutes but the star… read more
Jason
Jason
Marine Mechanic,
Vx(NNN) NNN-NNNNmodel, when flushing the system the water flows
Vx(NNN) NNN-NNNNmodel, when flushing the system the water flows out the pilot out let. however when using it on the water, theres no flow out the out let?… read more
Jeremy R.
Jeremy R.
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
2007 Mercruiser 350 Mag Mpi Horizon. One of two, mated to Zeus
2007 Mercruiser 350 Mag Mpi Horizon. One of two, mated to Zeus transmission in a 2008 Sea Ray Amberjack. Mercruiser Smart says #2 water pressure sensor indicates low pressure. Guages and exhaust show … read more
Tan
Tan
MerCruiser Certified Technician,
Certified Marine Technician
454 mercruiser engine. What could cause white smoke, other
454 mercruiser engine. What could cause white smoke, other than a bad head gasket. I did a valve job on a friends boat. Sent heads out to machine shop. After completion engines ran fine. Several month… read more
Jason
Jason
Marine Mechanic,
We just bought a 1976 master craft stars and stripes. We just
We just bought a 1976 master craft stars and stripes. We just took it out and there was white smoke out of the exhaust and the engine ran hot. We are assuming we need to replace the impeller. Any advi… read more
Tan
Tan
MerCruiser Certified Technician,
Certified Marine Technician
My KAWASI jet ski keeps blowing holes in the pipe leading to
My KAWASI jet ski keeps blowing holes in the pipe leading to the exsauet and the it turns and goes out the back of the craft. That pipe also blowed a hole in it. This is the 2nd time has happened.… read more
Certified Marine Mechanic,
All of return water is coming out of the exhaust ports and
All of return water is coming out of the exhaust ports and not the propellar on Mercruiser Alpha One lower unit. How do we make it go through propellar or should it be going through propellar?… read more
Jason
Jason
Marine Mechanic,
looking to replace two chris craft 350q motor with nwer omc
looking to replace two chris craft 350q motor with nwer omc 350 both sets are fresh water cooled boat is a 63 pacemaker is this a good trade getting rid of the flywheel forward. omc wrw used as inboar… read more
Tan
Tan
MerCruiser Certified Technician,
Certified Marine Technician
Stop searching for answers—
With engine at normal operating temperature 195 degrees
With engine at normal operating temperature 195 degrees. Blue white smoke appears from the exhaust, when shifted from neutral yo reverse and nuetral to forward, for 20to30 seconds. Then black smoke on… read more
Capt.Cory
Capt.Cory
LICENSED CHARTER CAPTAIN,
Just purchased 2 1990 Seadoo Bombadiers. Tried them today one
Just purchased 2 1990 Seadoo Bombadiers. Tried them today one would get hot quickly and melt the hose coming of the top of the engine. Not sure what the hose does or where the water pump for the cooli… read more
RSRBOB
RSRBOB
MC / Pwc Shop Owner,
I have a 1986 Chris craft 350 alpha one 260.Bought from a friend
I have a 1986 Chris craft 350 alpha one 260.Bought from a friend who said it ran hot on him the last he ran it.I pulled hose at heat exchanger coming from the out drive and with water hooked to out dr… read more
Jeremy R.
Jeremy R.
I have a 2000 Tiara 2900 Open boat. The boat has been running
I have a 2000 Tiara 2900 Open boat. The boat has been running great and every time we take it out all the gauges are reading where they should, however when we start the boat I can see a small sheen c… read more
K. Kergan
K. Kergan
Marine Mechanic,
My portside Volvo tamd75 will not put out full RPM, is putting
My portside Volvo tamd75 will not put out full RPM, is putting out white smoke under load, and feels like it is laboring. It also seems to be using a lot more fule thatn the starboard engine. Any sugg… read more
Yachtwork
Yachtwork
Owner Team Yachtwork,
Technical or Trade School
Is it normal for water to come out of the exhaust on a running jet ski
Should water be coming out the exhaust of a jet ski when it's running on a trailer with a hose hooked to it? It's kind of oily what could be wrong with it? Or is that normal?… read more
RSRBOB
RSRBOB
MC / Pwc Shop Owner,