Whitecap36
Whitecap36, Marine Technician
Experience:  28 years Certified Marine Technician and past FL State Certified teaching degree
22491800

I have a 1985 Celebrity boat (OMC Stern Drive) 3.8 litre. Model

I have a 1985 Celebrity boat (OMC Stern Drive) 3.8 litre. Model # XXXXX We just rebuilt the carborator and and now boat engine is running great and can idle. Now when I put it into gear (either forward or reverse) it wont go into gear and prop wont spin. Do you know what the problem is now and how I can get it fixed?

Hello, I'm Mike.
I'm happy to help you today. Please post back to this thread for any questions or concerns, either before or after payment.

Did it shift before you did the carb work?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Mike,

This is the first time I have used this service. Am I waiting for a responds for you at this time?

BEhind the carb (#28 housing #25 cover) is a white cable housing. this is where the shift cable from the control box hooks to the twin cable going out to the outdrive. Just look and see if anything looks like it came apart there. Maybe take the cover off and see if the cable is hooked up.

graphic