Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 2000 XP seadoo, it runs great until you get to 35mph…

Customer Question
I have a 2000 XP...
I have a 2000 XP seadoo, it runs great until you get to 35mph then that's it, it won't go any faster, you can give it full throttle but still onlt 35mph, any suggestions? I cleaned the fuel filter and changed plugs but still the same problem???? Help!!!!!
It ran fine one outing and then the next time it acted like the above description.....Could any exhaust tube be stopped up by a dirt Dabber (Wasp), or could the problem be water in the fuel or old fuel?????
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Boat
6/29/2010
Marine Mechanic: Joe, Marine Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic

Thank you for using justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you with your concern today.

Does it still hit full rpms just only 35mph?

Thanks,

Joe

No, it doesn't hit full RPM's it's almost like it's starving for fuel????? If you continue giving it full throttle it mainatins 35mph, if you let off the throttle say half throttle it reacts almost the same, just 35mph????? My first though was it's starving for fuel or Air????

SPark should be strong and blue if not remove plug boots and cut 1/4" off the wires and put back together.

If problem persits does it have the grey fuel lines?

Does the fuel valve turn hard?

Thanks,'

Joe

I noticed more added info,

Yes a fuel ven line could be gummed up or blocked, remove the gas cap and see if it runs better.

Also Put a voltmeter on the battery with engine running at idle you should see above 13v to 14vdc.

If you need further assistance I will be glad to help you.

Thanks,

Joe

Sorry, I meant fuel vent* line.

Thanks,

Joe