Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Hi there, I have a 2001 Seadoo Xp with starting issues.

Customer Question
Hi there, I have a 2001...
Hi there,

I have a 2001 Seadoo Xp with starting issues. My friend took it out for a ride and after a few mins it died on him. After that the seadoo flipped and was under water for a minute or so. After that it doesnt start. At first I thought it was just the battery however it tested fine. But now im not too sure. I dont know if the problem was before it flipped and it was a fluke that the seadoo stalled or if it took on too much water and got into the engine. any ideas?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/29/2010
Marine Mechanic: Jeremy R., MarineTechnician replied 8 years ago
Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., MarineTechnician
welcome, have you checked all the fuses?
Yes i have. Also tonight i was checking it out and noticed when I hit the start button the motor doesnt turn over at all and the black box where 2 red power wires go in and the spark plug wires come out was making a strange buzzing sound
ok thats the relay box, open it up and dry it out
Marine Mechanic: Joe, Marine Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic

Thank you for using justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you with your concern today.

Do you get the 2 beeps when you put the key on or no beeps or other beeps?

Do you hear a click when you try to start?

Do the gauges turn on when you put the key on?

Thanks,

Joe