Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 1999 Sea Doo GTX RFI with 151 hours. The last two…

Customer Question
I have a 1999 Sea...
I have a 1999 Sea Doo GTX RFI with 151 hours. The last two times I have taken the ski on the lake it stated sputting after riding for two hours and would slow to 10 MPH. It is fouling plugs and my machanic does not know why. He suggested that we replace the electronic module but could not guarantee that it would fix my problem. The plugs will foul only on one cylinder at a time.
Ant suggestions would be appreciated.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Boat
6/29/2010
Marine Mechanic: Joe, Marine Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic

Thank you for using justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you with your concern today.

So it takes 2 hours before the problem starts? Otherwise it runs perfect?

What has he already checked/tested?

Thanks,

Joe

He said that he did a complete check and could not find anything wrong. He replaced the plugs, checked the compression.

Not sure what else he did.

So it always takes two hours for the problem to start?

If you turn it off and start back up does it do the same or then run fine?

Is there any alarm going off?

Thanks,

Joe