Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

just put boat in water 454 engine juut rebuilt by others…

Customer Question
just put boat in water...
just put boat in water 454 engine juut rebuilt by others oil pressure guage is pinned to the high side valve tap had two oil pressure guages on my truck removed it and hooked up directly to oil sending switch on engine pinned that guage wtf
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Boat
6/27/2010
Marine Mechanic: James, Marine Mechanic replied 8 years ago
James, Marine Mechanic

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer.

What oil are you using? What does the gauge peg at? If it's 60, That is one thing, but if it is 80 or 100 this is a problem.

Generally, what that means is the clearances between the bearings and journals are not big enough, or the oil pump pressure release valve is sticking. Since your motor is a brand new rebuild, it's very likely your motor was assembled tight, or possibly one of the cam bearings was not lined up correctly with the oil passage.

You really do need to let the engine builder what you are experiencing. This could be a big problem. You need to know just how high the pressure is.