Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

i have two 1997 / 1995 wave runners i got in june i have truble…

Customer Question
i have two 1997 /...
i have two 1997 / 1995 wave runner's i got in june i have truble starting them thay have not run for over a year and after two hrs thay are hard to start i have to put fuel in the carb's to start them but when thay run it will start fine do i need to rebuild the carb's or run treatment through them.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Boat
6/23/2010
Marine Mechanic: Joe, Marine Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic

Thank you for using justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you with your concern today.

If they had been sitting that long and now you need to do as you say to start them yes it is a fuel problem, if they had old gas in them and it was not drained then you need to drain all the old gas out and then flush the gas tank and lines then clean the fuel filters on each and then pull and tear down the carbs and clean/rebuild them as needed. Make sure to order new carb mounting gaskets for each as well, you can order what you need from www.sbtontheweb.com .

If you need further assistance I will be glad to help you.

Thanks,

Joe

As well you can order the parts from parkeryamaha.com

Thanks,

Joe