How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ted G. Your Own Question
Ted G.
Ted G., Rigger, Diagnostician
Category: Boat
Satisfied Customers: 6117
Experience:  40 years boating, Safe boating instruct., Offshore Race promoter, Failure Analysis, Expert Witness
Type Your Boat Question Here...
Ted G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need an OMC King Cobra lower unit for my Ford 460 big block

This answer was rated:

I need an OMC King Cobra lower unit for my Ford 460 big block engine. the outdrive is on a1989 Bayliner. Do you have any idea how where I can find out exactly which outdrive is on this particular year boat. I am being told there were two different types. One being a cone!!!. Since I have no manual with the boat I have no way of telling. Either way I have almost exhausted all resourses in finding one unless you would have an idea.
According to this parts listing:,639,656,677,698,719

You have the older style KC with the dog clutch to shift in the lower unit. You may also be able to find most of the parts you need from that place, they are fairly well stocked on most things.
Ted G. and other Boat Specialists are ready to help you

Related Boat Questions