Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

OK Thanks. All the fuses are good, including 30 amp one. I…

Customer Question
OK Thanks. All the fuses...
OK Thanks. All the fuses are good, including 30 amp one. I guess maybe the elay went like you mentioned. I'm not real sure where it is located though.

Ted
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Boat
6/21/2010
Marine Mechanic: Jeremy R., MarineTechnician replied 8 years ago
Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., MarineTechnician
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What make is your Boat ?

-What model is your Boat?

-How many horsepower is your Boat?

-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
The boat is a Prosports ProKat 2860 Tournament Ed at 2 x 225 hp

Have tried using other engine switch and still spins starter but no fire. Checked all fuses and big acg bar--all good.

I was going to try and isolate the engine from the rest of the wiring somehow? Any ideas? Would help determine if a boat wiring problem or something with the engine.

Maybe the main relay?

Thanks,

HT Forsythe
what motors?
Marine Mechanic: Jeff G., Marine Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Jeff G.
Jeff G., Marine Mechanic

Hi, I answered this on your other question. If you like we can go back to that or carry on here. The main relay is in the front of the engine and is a solid potted relay. You will need an ohm meter to troubleshoot it and some jumper wires. Let me know if you have these and I can walk you through the procedure. For continuity it is better to continue on the other thread. You don't need to open another question to continue.
Jeff
still need help with this?