Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I just recieved the new trim motor for my boat. I want to install…

Customer Question
I just recieved the new...
I just recieved the new trim motor for my boat. I want to install it but am not sure how to go about putting in the hydraulic fluid in to make sure there is no air in the lines.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Boat
6/19/2010
Marine Mechanic: Jeremy R., MarineTechnician replied 8 years ago
Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., MarineTechnician
welcome, do you have the serial number, because some modules you trim up to add and some you trim down
Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., MarineTechnician
the serial # XXXXX part # XXXXX XXXXX
i really need a model number or serial number
That is the number that is on the pump or do you need to know the number off the motor. This new pump replaces the original which i got off of mastertechmarine.com
i need the one on motor, sorry
the number that I am finding on the motor itself is 856X9H there is also a number on the intake but I dont think thats the one you need if I'm wrong let me know
thats it! but i do not see power trim on that model, did you add this later?
as far as i know it came with it. i just bought this boat and the power trim motor needed to be replaced because it was leaking internally and was not holding up the motor. It slowly comes down
ok, if it is 1 ram system you add fluid when down, if 3 ram system you add it when it is up

it has two stages from what i know - it goes down fast until it has a little ways to go then it goes real slow

ok, trim it up and add