Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

i have a 2002 3.3 johnson outboard. i have cleaned out the…

Customer Question
i have a 2002 3.3...
i have a 2002 3.3 johnson outboard. i have cleaned out the carborator bowl and put in clean fuel. as soon as i i turn the fuel switch to on the fuel will not stop coming out of the carb. what should i so to rectify this problem
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Boat
6/17/2010
Marine Mechanic: Jason Forsberg, Marine Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Jason Forsberg
Jason Forsberg, Marine Mechanic
where is the fuel coming out? between the bowl flange and carb body or down the throat of the carb?
down the throat of the carb
You have a leaking inlet needle and needs to be replaced and the float height checked( should be parallel to carb body when turned upside down.
i went in a different direction since you didn't get back to me till the next day.keep my money on file and i will try you next time. i thought it would have been more timely.
Im sorry. My shop has been busy. Been working 10-12 hr days. So usually i get to my questions in the morning or late in the evening(pacific time). I hope you were able to fix your carb. That is my main objective to help you get the info you need.