Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., MarineTechnician
Experience:  Multiple factory certifications 20+ years of experience.
8380480

Im looking at a 1985 18.5 Chris Craft fiberglass boat with

Customer Question

I'm looking at a 1985 18.5' Chris Craft fiberglass boat with a Merc inboard V8. Any recommendations, or sense of worth? Is this a good motor? Will be used mostly as a runabout, tubing, etc. in fresh water (Lake Champlain). Thanks!
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 8 years ago.
Welcome, get the motor and boat surveyed by a credited surveyor. If the motor was maintained every year that motor will last over 2000 hrs of use. if you post the serial number i can post the manuals for you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Not sure what a 'credited surveyor' means, please clarify. Will get the serial number in the next week, and write you back.
Expert:  K. Kergan replied 8 years ago.
A surveyor is someone who assesses the condition and value of a boat. People use a surveyor to ensure that they are not being taken when they purchase a boat. Is the engine a Ford or GM? Do you know the model of the engine and drive? Is it a stern drive or an inboard with a shaft?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for the information. I hope to see/try out the boat on Sunday or Monday - will get the specifics and send them to you. Believe the engine is a V8 Merc, as indicated above, but will double check on that, type of drive, etc. Till then, George

Expert:  K. Kergan replied 8 years ago.
K
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 8 years ago.
let us know
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Sorry, was not able to see the boat, so we are unfortunately on hold - this may be another week (owner out of town), but I will get back to you when I have the information.
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 8 years ago.
ok