Jeff G.
Jeff G., Marine Mechanic
Experience:  42 years experience, Certified Master Technician, All Major Outboards, Sterndrives, Hi-Performance
27391725

Evinrude 115 SXEO. Where the Cone of the center main bearings

Customer Question

Evinrude 115 SXEO. Where the Cone of the center main bearings fit in the cylinder case is a check valve in each, but it do not show on the pats list. On the parts list also show a Check valve before the drain nipple of the upper and lower main bearing, but in My engine their are no valves.
The valves at the center bearings is a valve that work with a small ball. Where can I find the part no for this valve. Must their be a valve at the upper and lower main bearings.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 7 years ago.
Welcome,
I will be happy to assist you. If you have a question or need clarification please post back at any time.
There is a check valve for the upper and lower bearing #437613 there are 2 needed
The other 4 check valves are #435681 if they are what you are referring to there are 4 needed.
They are #9 and 10 in the drawing

graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Their is only 2 center main bearings. 2 vavles needed, The 4 valves(NNN) NNN-NNNNis at the side of the cilinder case where the carburators fit,NOT WHERE THE CENTER MAIN BEARINGS FIT!

For the upper and lower valves 437613 is no place in this engine.

Expert:  Jeff G. replied 7 years ago.
The check valves 437613 are the upper bearing and lower crankcase oil recirculation valves. The had better be on your engine or the top bearing will run dry and seize. The other 4 check valves are recirculation valves. They are not where the carbs fit but are back on the crankcase.They are the only replaceable valves on the engine.There are no other REPLACABLE check valves on the engine that I know of. Going by your model number Evinrude does not show any other valves either.
Maybe you can take a picture and post it to show where these two valves go?