Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

my ten amp fuse started blowing on my trim motor after the…

Customer Question
my ten amp fuse started...
my ten amp fuse started blowing on my trim motor after the ear on the prop came off. Replaced the props and the fuse but now the 10 amp fuse keeps blowing
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 2 days by:
7/6/2009
Marine Mechanic: briggs archer, Marine Mechanic replied 13 years ago
briggs archer
briggs archer, Marine Mechanic
What year and make engine do you have?

volvo penta 5.7 GSi production number(NNN) NNN-NNNNtype sxm se # XXXXX

drive unit DP-SM 1778 (M2) XXXXXXXXXX (NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

ENGINE 5.7 GSI PWTA XXXXXXXXXX (NNN) NNN-NNNN tHE

BOAT IS A

BOAT

BOAT IS

Is this the trim pump you have?graphic
Yes that is the pump that is in the boat
If you have two wire jumper leads you can test the pump motor by unpluging it and connect one wire to pos on battery and one on neg of battery.Then, connect the other ends to spade pins on pump wire.
I already knew how to do that. The pump works fine. i found the short in the wires that wrap around the controls. everything works now.
NICE WORK ! Good find. You know, some of these folks that ask questions , their knowledge wouldn't fill a bottle cap compared to what you know. I must assume that. Sorry. JUST GLAD YOU GOT IT.