The Man on the Dock
The Man on the Dock, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years of experience, Factory Certified Master Technician for Evinrude, Johnson, OMC.
15963594

I have 2 freeze plugs that have poped out. It is a ford 302

Customer Question

I have 2 freeze plugs that have poped out. It is a ford 302 motor with mercruiser out drive. the plugs are located at motor mounts both sides so should I pull the motor to get to them and where should I disconnect it and is there a trick to putting it back together. Any info will be appriciate. Thanks guys. Dale XXX-XXX-XXXX if want to call
Category: Boat
Expert:  The Man on the Dock replied 8 years ago.

Good afternoon Dr. White,

That job is no fun at all. I highly recommend pulling the engine to replace the freeze out plugs. First disconnect all the cables and hoses, harnesses , etc. Remove the two large rear mounting bolts from the rear mounts and then remove the lag screws from the fwd mounts. Change your freeze out plugs and re assemble in reverse order.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

this does not describe my set up at all.