Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I am working on a Brovo II outdrive. The boat is a 1994 Monteray.

Customer Question
There is a hose that...
I am working on a Brovo II outdrive. The boat is a 1994 Monteray. There is a hose that goes through the transom. It brings oil ( looks like Gear oil) to the bearings in the gimble housing from somewhere in the engine compartment. This hose is cracked. Can you tell me the procedure to replace this hose. on both sides of the transom.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Boat
2/8/2009
Marine Mechanic: Michael, Master Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Michael
Michael, Master Mechanic
The hose you are referring to is the gear oil monitor/reservoir hose for the stern drive.
It connects to a container with gear oil on the inside of the transom. the other side connects to the upper gear case of the drive unit.
Here is a diagram.... there are three parts to the hose so you should only have to tighten clamps or replace the section that is leaking.
I hope this helps you and let me know if you need further assistance with you MerCruiser.

Best regards,

Michael

graphic
Michael
What do I need to take apart to get to the hose end on the out drive. It seems to be at a location that cannot be reached unless you dismantle the out drive.
Michael, I need to leave. Can we continue this tomorrow.

Thanks,
Michael - I am available when you are

Marine Mechanic: Larry B., Marine Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Larry B.
Larry B., Marine Mechanic
o
Larry,

Are you the one that is going to answer my questions.

I will try to help, if this info is helpful plese click accept on Michaels answer. Here is a link to some service info to help you understand what will need to be done to make repairs, look at section 4B,page 37 the bellhousing must be removed to do this. Here is the link It may take a few minutes to download.
Larry,
That link would not open.
Larry

Do I wait till the end to hit accept when I am done?

It would not down load? You hit accept when you are satisfied with the answer you are given.