How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Don - Mo Lurch Your Own Question
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, BMW Mechanic
Category: BMW
Satisfied Customers: 22397
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
Type Your BMW Question Here...
Don - Mo Lurch is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a screw driver that hold a screw while in a up side

This answer was rated:

I need a screw driver that hold a screw while in a up side down. Any suggestion?

sorry for the delay............
Hello and thank you for your question.
My name is Don (aka MOLurch)
I have been an Expert on since June 2006 and have been working on vehicles since 1963.
I will be happy to assist with your question.
Sorry to hear you are having problems today.
Please keep in mind that I DO NOT know your skill level.
The Web Site will prompt a phone call , I will let you know if it's needed..........
You can "somewhat" magnetize a Screw Driver tip by rubbing the tip on a Magnet many times
Speaker Magnet, magnets that hold things, notes, etc
Otherwise many Auto Parts Stores or Hardware Stores sell Magnetic Tools or even Magnets
You can connect a Magnet to the shaft of the screwdriver to magnetize the screw driver while using it
Let me know if you need further.......

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
So I need a magnet tip screw driver

No, but it would be best, IF the Screw is metal
You could also use a non drying sticky glue on the tip
I use a product called "dum-dum" it is a hole filler, and does not dry, but is sticky and use a little bit on the tip to hold the screw, metal, brass or plastic

went out and took a look at the real name of the dumdum
It is 3M 08578 strip calk, like:

just a little piece
or I also use a dab of gasket cement
Let me know if you need further

Don - Mo Lurch and 5 other BMW Specialists are ready to help you