BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Gas cap door won't open. Starts fine, not a gas hog at all.

Customer Question
Gas cap door won't...

Gas cap door won't open

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Starts fine, not a gas hog at all

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

330ci 2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 330ci yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, not tried anything yet, don't want to force it open or do damage

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: BMW
6/1/2018
BMW Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 22 days ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

there should be an emergency / manual release cable pull inside the trunk ?

however this obviously not a permanent fix and these cars are prone to corrosion of the contacts / damaged wires so the lock actuator won't operate

BMW Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 13 days ago

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt