BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I noticed more smoke from exhaust but only light smoke. Does…

Customer Question
I noticed more white smoke...
I noticed more white smoke from exhaust but only light smoke. Does it have anything to do with A/C?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: BMW
5/30/2018
BMW Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 3 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

if coming from exhaust , then no will have nothing to do

light smoke on twin turbo is normal, would say it does it more on take off or after sitting at a light ?

any check engine light on , any warning lights ?

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

No check engine light. Smoke comes out when car is parked on idle.

what is mileage on it ? and do you have oil low at oil change do you have to add between intervals ?

Turbo oil seals or valve stem seals could be the issue here ?

did the smoke happened suddenly or gradually git worse ?

does it make a bug puff of white smoke and then after u get on it goes away ?

it want do it each time ,have to sit at idle few minutes correct ?

69k miles. Normal oil level but I do have to add between oil change intervals. Smoke happened suddenly. One time occurrence it was a lot of white smoke, but afterward only clear light smoke occurs every now and than. Yes, one time it made a big puff and went away when we drove off.

i m going to say the turbo seals are heating up swelling and allowing oil , i would not worry about from all u describing

when they sit for a while they will do that and if u drive them slow and do not get it on every once a while it will do that

take to a ride down the highway let it go thru it shifting and get up to 70 80 speed ,do that once a month will be my advice

until it gets worse or does it more

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician