BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Bmw 750i will not come out of park go to drive it go back…

Customer Question
Bmw 750i will...

Bmw 750i will not come out of park go to drive it go back into park

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?

It has brake light the trouble codes are 6271 5d5b codes engine codes 2f7e.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 750i?

2006 bmw.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 750i yourself? What have you tried so far?

Transmission codes 507c/4f84 /507b/4f81.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Dynamic drive inactive light is on.

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: BMW
5/30/2018
BMW Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 20 days ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician

There's a fault with your dynamic drive system, it's stating there's an issue with the front axle pressure, your vehicle has the sway bars and shocks that are adjustible dampening, and the pressure sensor is saying that the pressure is incorrect, possibly the system is low on fluid or something like that.

As far as the trans issue, there's a problem internally with the transmission, it says there's a fault for the transmission range sensor. Here's a video that shows somebody who had very similar faults and there's a superceded spacer for the valve body. I would start there.

After fixing this then I would use the scan tool to look at the range switch and shifter switch to be sure it knows what gear you've put it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6-WmqI9UXw

I want to take a minute to explain how this site works.

We work from our cell phones, shops, homes, etc to help people fix their cars. Recently the site added a membership feature for our customers to get more questions for less money. Unfortunately it has caused confusion with some customers who think that because they've become members or payed a deposit, they don't need to rate or accept our answer.

If you don't accept the answer, we don't even get an hourly wage, and because of the memberships, I have seen my accept percentage fall by almost half.

You're completely covered by both your credit card, and you can put in for a refund if I can't work out a successful solution to your problem. Please remember to hit accept, the site is getting paid but a lot of us experts are not getting our cut of correctly answered questions because of confusion about the site.

You can still come back later and ask follow up questions if necessary on this page even after you hit accept, but if you
leave to fix the vehicle and don't return in time, it will time out, the site keeps your money, and even though I was right, I get nothing.