BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have taken my wife's 2014 Mini S hatchback with 14,000…

Customer Question
I have taken my...

I have taken my wife's 2014 Mini Cooper S hatchback with 14,000 miles to

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Sorry, I hit the wrong key and never finished my chat. The cars computer is bad in my option since it has been to service twice and has not been fixed. Because the dealer is 125 miles one way it's very hard for a disabled person to do this trip over and over again we need help and advice.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

No both keys are working as far as I know. I can't lock it, as it won't open again without manually using the key. The tire pressure monitor keeps trying to reset, but cannot. Sometimes it will act normal, but then it just does the same thing. I hav e replaced the batteries in both remotes ( as did the dealership to no avail. )

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I believe I have told you everything without writing a book on it's issues.I am however afraid that my wife will get stuck, and it will not start, as this has happened before. Thank you for your help

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: BMW
5/28/2018
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 24 days ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hi
What is the issue you are tyint to Fix?
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
The car is still under warranty but the dealership can't or won't repair it.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I don't have to a rocket scientist to know it's a computer problem. I don't work the car myself, but it seems the dealership can't fix it correctly.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I hate the idea of going to an outside repair shop, but it has to be repaired.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I hav e been asking questions, but your not answering me, just sending me my questions back?

hi sorry for the delay

you haven't asked any questions if you read above, I'm not sure what it is you wanted to know about this issue?