BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

My transmission continues to give me faults and failures,

Customer Question
My transmission continues to...

My transmission continues to give me faults and failures, then just runs normal?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

2 months ago we changed the housing because there was a leak, and the transmission was refilled

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2012 750Li

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 750li yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I hooked up with a shop years ago who are pretty good, but I have not had anything done to the tranny other than the pan change out

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I took the car to the dealership a year ago and they said I needed a new transmission

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/26/2018
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 2 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
What faults are you getting?
I don't get any codes I get a Transmission Failure Drive Moderately. Occasionally a Drivetrain Malfunction message\
Could it be related to the electronic modules ?
You have not had the faults scanned?
I have, but they do not show up on scan
this 26 bucks are in addition to the 26 I have already paid?
It just dawned on me, I had called you guys before, and determined I would not get ripped off again.. Damn Idiot that I Iam, fell for the pitch AGAIN!!! My fault.... Never again

I'm sorry?

Sorry is not the right answer, more of a shameful response is what is required, maning up is what I call it. Enjoy the 26

I'm sorry is an expression of confusion, I am not sure what you are referring to. You have gone off of the theme of the question and I am not following.