BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I don't have the fuse layout for a 2008 Z4. The air

Customer Question
I don't have the...

I don't have the fuse layout for a 2008 Z4. The air conditioner won't turn on . It has a 100 psi static charge and no trouble lights come on so I am thinking it's the fuse but I don't know witch one it is

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

I thought there would be a light for either a high or low pressure switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Z4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to. Just checked the

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don' think so

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: BMW
5/25/2018
BMW Mechanic: Joe, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today.

Is the fan not turning on or fan turns on but air is not cool? Have you checked if the ac clutch is engaging?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The fan does run . I haven't checked the clutch but it could not be engaging with the charge that is in the system

So you have air coming out of the vents inside just not cold?

With engine running have someone watch the ac clutch to see if it is engaging when you turn the ac on, if not check charge rate via both high and low side gauges and using a scan tool evaluate if the clutch is being commanded on and if not what the pressure switches are saying for values.

A/c unfortunately is one of those things that a professional really should evaluate because specific tools are needed for the job. If you do not have these tools that may possibly be needed please understand I can only guide you so much without the tools/equipment.

For fuses see page 102 of owners manual here: http://www.jntautomotive.com/owners-manual/bmw/2008/bmw-z4-owners-manual.pdf

Which is behind glovebox.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Thanks for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Page 102 does not have the fuse directory. Nor is it anywhere else in the manual. Yes i will probably have a mechanic look at it. All i wanted today is the directory and i don't think you have it. Thank you for your time but $5 is all i want to spend with you today so please cancel
BMW Mechanic: Joe, ASE Certified Technician replied 30 days ago

The fuse diagram is supposed to be inside the back of the glovebox like it explains, is the sticker/cover missing?