BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

My 2009 BMW 750i is not going into gear. The "D" on the gear…

Customer Question
My 2009 BMW 750i...

My 2009 BMW 750i is not going into gear. The "D" on the gear shift and dashboard is flashing. This happened 2 times before and was able to turn car on and off to reset issue, but this time it isn't able to reset.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

I'll assume the transmission is the life of the car. The park break switch?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 750i yourself? What have you tried so far?

I only know to turn car on and off to possibly reset issue but that didn't work. I towed the car to a nearby dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's pretty much it. Thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: BMW
5/25/2018
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 2 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert

Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

how can I help you with this? what question did you have?

I have a 2009 BMW 750i and the car isn't going into gear. The "D" on the dashboard and gear shift is flashing. This issue happened 3 years ago and was able to turn car on and off to reset the issue, but this time it isn't able to reset.

hi yes I understand this is the situation but I'm not sure what you want to know about it? possible causes? cost estimate? other?

hello?