BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

2b1a code. Miss fire piston five 2b1a. 2011X6 n63. 2011.

Customer Question
Miss fire piston five...

Miss fire piston five 2b1a

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2011X6 n63

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your BMW?

2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed spark plugs +swap ignition coils +changed fuel injector

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car starts fine no codes after mints piston 5 missfire

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: BMW
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/3/2018
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 3 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Have you had a cylinder compression test done at all?

Let me know, thanks, Pete.

Was cylinder 5's compression the same as all of the rest of the cylinders?

it was 140
I did one thing I removed the spark plug 5 but some oil and started the car
She was smoking oil but running fine no misfire but when the oil finish from the exhaust it started misfire again

Did you put the oil in the cylinder itself?

Did you test for injector signals at the injector?

signal cut then check engine came on

Are you saying the injector signal cut out then the misfire occurred?

Inspect the wiring running from the injector all the way to the DME to see if any issues are found with the wiring itself being broken, corroded or shorting out at all.If a wiring issue is found it will need to be repaired to resolve this fault here.If this is or was checked already and the wiring is found to be o.k. since the injector signal wire comes from the DME and you only have one cylinder cutting out this sounds like the DME itself is at fault needing replaced.It can internally develop a fault cutting out the injector signal.If it was a sensor or any other component causing this here all injectors would cut out which is not the case here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete