BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

My 2011BMW X-3 is making electronic type sounds under the…

Customer Question
My 2011BMW X-3 is...

My 2011BMW X-3 is making electronic type sounds under the hood when I lock and unlock the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your X3?

2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. I am in my 70's and the vehicle is way beyond my knowledge base. I would risk only making things worse.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: BMW
4/2/2018
BMW Mechanic: JayPutelis, Shop Foreman/ BMW Master Tech replied 3 months ago
JayPutelis
JayPutelis, Shop Foreman/ BMW Master Tech

Can you provide the last 7 digits of the VIN of the vehicle, and also describe the sound in more detail?

Thanks, JP