BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2004 BMW X5 and recently replaced a section of

Customer Question
brake line to the rear...
I have a 2004 BMW X5 and recently replaced a section of brake line to the rear brakes. Tried to bleed them but there is very little fluid coming from the rear calipers.
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: BMW
3/28/2018
BMW Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 27 days ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started! Did you replace the entire line or make a splice?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Spliced into it, about 2 feet for each one under he drivers seat

what splice did you use?

have you pulled the line before the splice and check flow?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I don't know what size but it was comparable to factory. Should we check at the splice?

is it a crimp style splice ? or did you use a flair kit?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
We're flared them

pull the splice and check flow or before the splice further up in the line

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
It comes out of the line but it's very slow and there's no pressure. It just drops
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Drips

do you have a check engine light or abs light on?

Are you pumping when you check?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
when pumping it only drips, no ABS light.

im pretty sure you will have to access the abs unit to bleed the system on that vehicle, my system isnt giving me enough information so I will opt out for further assistance from the other techs

BMW Mechanic: JayPutelis, Shop Foreman/ BMW Master Tech replied 27 days ago
JayPutelis
JayPutelis, Shop Foreman/ BMW Master Tech

Hi, do you still need assistance?

-JP

Roger, BMW Master Tech