BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

The fuel injectors are not pulsing, That's the issue... it…

Customer Question
The fuel injectors are...

The fuel injectors are not pulsing

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

That's the issue... it does not start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

It's a 2000 e38 740il m62b4.4tu

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 740il yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. I've replaced fuel pump and relays plus fuses that go with pump. New fuel filter, new battery, new valve cover gaskets, new spark plugs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What is happening I believe is the dme is not sending a plus to the injectors making the car not starr because water has gotten onto 2 of the 5 plugs of the dme making the pins oxidize.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: BMW
3/28/2018
BMW Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 23 days ago
Greg
Greg, Technician
Hi name is ***** ***** I’m reviewing your question and will get back to you ASAP.
Did you check for any malfunction codes.
Greg
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I did and no codes come up at all

And no injection pulse at the injectors ,did you confirm this with a Noid light test.

Greg

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
has been tested with light. I also know I'm getting spark because it will fire up but die out with starting fluid

You have a scan tool with live data .

Greg

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I do not have a bmw branded scan tool no. I do not have a 20 pin connector either for the obd plug in the engine bay. Only scanned via the obd2 port in the cabin

should still work if your scan tool has live data .

Greg

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
That is my point the dme is not getting any single from the injectors because the connection is bad

Okay hard for me to work from here with this issue .

Im going to open this back up and see if another of our BMW tech is on line .

Greg.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
The car thinks there is nothing wrong because the car thinks there's a perfect connection when really it's a bad connection so the computer tells me everything is ok
BMW Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 21 days ago
eric remington

ok hello may I have vehicle identification number in order to access repAir info? please thank you

Roger, BMW Master Tech