BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

What is a good reasonable source for BMW parts? I need 6…

What is a good reasonable...
What is a good reasonable source for BMW parts ? I need 6 coils which were fouled out with oil from a busted cover gasket. I am finding that BMW parts from a local store are incredibly expensive.
3/28/2018
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert

Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

actual OEM BMW parts are ONLY available through dealers - per the contract that BMW corporate has with its dealers.

The best dealer that sells online is https://www.getbmwparts.com/

An alternative is to just google the OEM BMW part number of what you need and see what other vendors sell them, but they will be reselling parts that initially came through a dealer, so there isn't always a ton of pricing flexibility. Sometimes you can find new old stock or blowout pricing if you get lucky by googling

If you need more help please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please consider rating me as 5 STAR!! It is much appreciated. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question after you rate if needed - rating will not close out your question. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
What about good BMW parts source that are not OEM ?
Non own parts are usually poor quality and 99% of the time inferior to bmw own. Non own depends on the manufacturer of the part, not the source that you buy it from. If you need more help please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please consider rating me as 5 STAR!! It is much appreciated. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question after you rate if needed - rating will not close out your question. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert