BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

The eccentric valve sensor in my e90 is bad what im

Customer Question
The eccentric valve sensor...

The eccentric valve sensor in my e90 is bad what im wondering is i have one coming in the mail in the next couple days would it be okay to drive the car until it comes in?

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

Its the shaft sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2010 328i

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 328i yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well i havent tried much but its in a shop and they said it is gonna need to be replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: BMW
3/26/2018
BMW Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Are you referring to the Variable Camshaft Control (VANOS) Solenoid?