BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

2013 mini blinkers, windows and radio not working is this an…

2013 mini cooper blinkers...

2013 mini cooper blinkers, windows and radio not working is this an easy fix

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

I have

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Would like to fix myself, just checked the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Water may have gotten in

3/26/2018
BMWDoc
BMWDoc, Independent BMW shop owner

These problems are usually caused by water intrusion into a computer module at the lower left A-pillar area. I'll post the *official* potential fix below, but it won't be possible without a BMW-specific scan tool. You can start by removing the lower a-pillar trim, removing the connector from the computer and checking it for moisture. If the computer itself is completely water-logged, it will have to be replaced.

1. Check faults with a factory compatible scan tool.

2. If communication with the Footwell Module (FRM) is not possible, then remove the interior kick panel/door entrance trim on the driver side and inspect the FRM for water damage.

3. If water intrusion is suspected, replace the FRM. Any wiring connectors that show corrosion should be replaced - do not attempt to clean any wire terminals.

4. Program the new FRM with a factory scan tool or use a J2534 interface to utilize the BMW factory diagnosis and programming website to program the FRM. https://www.bmwtechinfo.com/ has all the information about the set-up for programming.

BMWDoc
BMWDoc, Independent BMW shop owner