BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a Mini S (2017) and I put the top down for the first…

Customer Question
I have a Mini...

I have a Mini Cooper S (2017) and I put the top down for the first time since last summer. Now it will not go back up although it does sound like the motorized mechanism is kicking in. Also tried the procedure to close it manually and it will not budge (don't want to force it a

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MINI?

2017

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just taking out those two screws and disconnecting the mechanism but could not budge it manually so put everything back the way it was

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I called roadside assistance but they cannot do anything until tomorrow and I'm on vacation 2 thousand miles from home - and the closest service center is 50 miles away

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 day by:
3/27/2018
BMW Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago
eric remington
Take it to dealer make sure nothing in trunk is jammingvit but you want dealer to fix under warranty get me vin number i will ck for tech bull etins
BMW Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago
Recall