BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Got p0171 p0171 p1083 p1085 c0des. Bmw 330ci 2001. Changed a…

Customer Question
Got p0171 p0171 p1083...

Got p0171 p0171 p1083 p1085 c0des

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

Bmw 330ci 2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 330ci yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed a new maf sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the engine stall right after starting? And what about hesitation or jerking during acceleration?

Its drives normal when i start in the morning time every day its jerking after a while its comes normal n when yu keep the engine on for a while sometie its starts jerking

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all i got

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
BMW Mechanic: BMWDoc, Independent BMW shop owner replied 3 months ago
BMWDoc
BMWDoc, Independent BMW shop owner

The most common cause of these codes together is an intake leak downstream of the MAF. There are 3 common areas:

1) one or both of the rubber intake boots between the MAF and throttle body

2) DISA valve that's bolted to the intake is leaking

3) Failed air-oil separator (remove oil cap with engine running and check for lots of vacuum trying to hold the cap down)