BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Got p0171 p0171 p1083 p1085 c0des. Bmw 330ci 2001. Changed a…

Customer Question
Got p0171 p0171 p1083...

Got p0171 p0171 p1083 p1085 c0des

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

Bmw 330ci 2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 330ci yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed a new maf sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the engine stall right after starting? And what about hesitation or jerking during acceleration?

Its drives normal when i start in the morning time every day its jerking after a while its comes normal n when yu keep the engine on for a while sometie its starts jerking

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all i got

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
BMW Mechanic: BMWDoc, Independent BMW shop owner replied 29 days ago
BMWDoc
BMWDoc, Independent BMW shop owner

The most common cause of these codes together is an intake leak downstream of the MAF. There are 3 common areas:

1) one or both of the rubber intake boots between the MAF and throttle body

2) DISA valve that's bolted to the intake is leaking

3) Failed air-oil separator (remove oil cap with engine running and check for lots of vacuum trying to hold the cap down)

BMWDoc
BMWDoc
BMWDoc, Independent BMW shop owner