BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2012 X6M with the famous yellow hand brake light…

Customer Question
Hello. I have a...

Hello. I have a 2012 X6M with the famous yellow hand brake light on. Its NOT stuck and can be driven but im unable to make the warning light disappear. Have tried the reset procedure

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Didnt check fluids but purchased used 2 weeks ago from dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 BMW?

X6M

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pulled fuse #129 and performed the hand brake button reset per several forums

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 5 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hi there how can I help you with this? What was the specific question you had about this warning?
Trying to find out if the actuator is actually broken or if a reset will fix the issue
hello??