BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

My 2012 mini convertible came up with code P0599. I know I…

My 2012 mini convertible...

My 2012 mini convertible came up with code P0599. I know I need to get it fixed, but can I drive it until I can get an appointment in 4 days?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Its code P0599 Thermostat heater control How do I reset it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was not planning on fixing myself unless it is easy to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just brought the car in yesterday for service and the light came on on my way home.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert

Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

you can't simply reset this, the underlying fault needs to be fixed

as long as the engine isn't overheating, you can continue to drive for a few days.

if you need a good non dealer option to cut down on costs, check out www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org for options.

If you need more help please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please consider rating me as 5 STAR!! It is much appreciated. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question after you rate if needed - rating will not close out your question. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.

Steve
Steve, BMW Expert