BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Just had my clutch replaced and when I picked up the car the…

Customer Question
Just had my clutch...

Just had my clutch replaced and when I picked up the car the SOS warning light is on...Need to reset it to use phone..It is a 2006 325 xi BMW

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?

Car has 190,000 this was 2nd clutch

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 325 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just trying to reset the sos light so I can use the phone not sure how to do it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 4 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert

Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Is anything else not working?

The phone is not due to the light being on
Do you know how to reset??
Are you there
BMW Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Have you tried to actually hit the SOS button a lot of times when this malfunction happens if you hit the SOS and they connect you to the system when you get back out of the call it works properly.Who replaced the clutch? Some Vehicles had a recall on the system that requires reprogramming of the module with an updated software level.So I would try the SOS button and if that doesn't work I would call the dealer and see about a recall applicable to your car, you need the VIN number to do that. Then if there's no recall I would find a local independent BMW specialist, and bring the vehicle to them because it's going to require hooking up to a very expensive professional-grade scan tool. It's probable that the iDrive control module which is the screen and everything is faulty more or less. www.car-part.com is going to be your best source for a used iDrive unit.
I've answered your question your satisfaction please remember to hit accept next to my name because that is only way this time will compensate me for my time.If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask, you can ask follow-up questions even after hitting accept.