BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2003 BMW 325i. Recently I tried to crank my car and…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a 2003 BMW 325i . Recently I tried to crank my car and not only did it not crank but it proceeded to smoke heavily while at the same time a fluid seemed to be heavily pouring from the bottom. I have had no real signs of this type of issue. It’s there something possible wrong with the radiator, Hose or could this Be engine related

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

I have always had a minor gas/fuel leak. At the time of the incident the car had just been fueled up. Spark plugs appear to be okay as well.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your BMW 325I yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I’m not fixing it myself. I just had It towed back home.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that would be all. Thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: BMW
3/21/2018
BMW Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is a system automated prompt , not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So ive read your question are you looking for a shop to take it to or just general ideas on what could be the problem? I see your not going to be working on it , is that right?

Just kind of looking for a general idea of what could be wrong with it.
Before I take it to a shop.

where is the smoke coming from, engine area or tail pipe?

Engine area

It sounds as though the engine may be locked down and or cranked, I would suspect thats why you have fluid leaks and the smoke would be the starter trying to push a locked up engine, good thing about this service is that you also have me for when you take it in and ill be with you every step of the way and can guide you on repairs to what the mechanic says, and before you approve anything we can analyze the diagnostic report to see if they match up with the symptoms your explaining, also this question lasts as as long as we need to get the situation fixed and could last over a number of days, it doesn't cost any extra per question or time limit, just the one fee and thats it.