BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

2008 MINI S 1.6 DOHC CODE 2F19 AND 2B5C WONT CLEAR OUT IN…

Customer Question
2008 MINI COOPER S...

2008 MINI COOPER S 1.6 DOHC CODE 2F19 AND 2B5C WONT CLEAR OUT IN THE SYSTEM. HAS NEW MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR ,OLD ONE WAS READING UP AND DOWN NOW WITH NEW ONE IM GETTING A STEADY READING ON THE VERUS PRO AND THE RUBBER TURBO CHARGE PIPE FROM TURBO TO MASS AIR FLOW .ALL WIRING IS GOOD TO MASS AIR FLOW. ALSO FOR THE COOLANT TEMP SENSOR IM GETTING A GOOD TEMP READING THROUGH MY SNAP ON VERUS PRO BUT CODE STILL COMES ON AND IM NOT GETTING A VOLTAGE FROM THE YELLOW WIRE AT THE TEMP SENSOR WITCH GOES BACK TO THE DME MODULE .ANY HELP WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRICIATED .I AM AN EURO TECH FOR YERS AND THIS HAS ME STUMBLED ESPECIALLY INCE IM GETTING READINGS FROM BOTH SENSOR THROUGH DATA ON THE SCANNER

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.

YES ,THE MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR CONNECTOR IS GOOD THE COOLANT TEMP SENSOR WS VERY SOFT AND BRITLE WHEN CHANGING THE THERMOSTAT SO I REPINNED A NEW CONECTOR FROM THE DEALER

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES IM FIXING THE MINI MYSELF . I LISTED ABOVE EVERTHING THAT WAS DONE TO THE MINI .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

2008 MINI COOPER S 1.6 DOHC CODE 2F19 AND 2B5C WONT CLEAR OUT IN THE SYSTEM.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: BMW
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I HAVE NOT HAD HAD ANYONE CONTACT ME AFTER PAYING
3/21/2018
BMW Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 1 month ago
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved

BMW Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 1 month ago

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

​On the sensor power wire. yellow wire from dme ,switch on , do you have any ?

what is the mileage on this car ?

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Roger, BMW Master Tech